Friday, September 9, 2011

MEET THE HEROES: VICKIE


Introducing Burkett's Hero Vickie Valerio. Vickie has been heroing at Burkett's for 20 years! She currently works in the accounting department. Congratulations Vickie on 20 years at Burkett's! 


Vickie with her 20 Year Anniversary Plaque


What are your responsibilities at Burkett's?

Posting all accounts receivables, collections, overseeing all credit card transactions, providing invoices /credit memos upon customer’s request, sending out monthly statements, resolving all accounting concerns or issues and assisting customers as needed.



Have you ever held a different job at Burkett’s?

I started in retail sales at our Folsom & 61st Street store. I've also answered phones and held other office duties at this location.



What is your favorite aspect of your job?

Working with and getting to know such wonderful customers.



What is the most memorable thing to happen during your time at Burkett’s?

This great company finally getting computers and direct phone lines.



What 5 Things might Burkett’s customers might be surprised to find out about you?
5. I enjoy gardening.
4. I participate in the annual autism walk (October 9th this year).
3. I am a Kings fan.
2. I have 4 children, 4 stepchildren and 12 grandchildren.

1. I have been with my better half (Ed) for 24 years.

What is the coolest supply/furniture/printing item you know of that Burkett's offers? 

We have some really cool chairs.

What is the supply/furniture/printing item that helps you out the most or that you use most often in the office? 

My calculator.

Anything else you'd like to share?

After 20 years I still enjoy coming to work every day!


And that's a wrap. Thanks Vickie! We hope you have found this edition of Meet The Heroes both informative and captivating. Our goal is to get the inside scoop for you on ALL the Burkett's Heroes. 






2 comments:

  1. Congrats Vickie! They are very lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such as exciting stuff here, Congrats! I love this pretty post.


    Job Duties

    ReplyDelete