Thursday, July 21, 2011

IS THAT MY PEN?

I've been noticing that people get really attached to their favorite pen. Over and over this topic keeps surfacing on facebook, twitter and here on the blog. It seems to be mainly about function, although a cool look doesn't hurt. I have complied a list of customer and hero's favorite pens. If your obsession isn't on here and you feel it's important for others to know the greatness of your fav, please leave a comment. I understand the pen loyalty thing, but don't be afraid to try somebody else's favorite. You might like it. I promise not to tell your current pen what you are up to. Maybe you'll discover a new favorite or have more than one favorite!?! No one said you have to choose just one pen for the rest of your life.  




My favorite pen right now is the Pilot B2P (Bottle 2 Pen). It's has 89% recycled content and it looks like it used to be a water bottle. It also writes smoothly.


Looks cool, writes well, 2 thumbs up!


Some customer favorites include:


Uni-ball Vision Exact Micro Point in Green 

Uni-ball Gel 207
Sharpie Plastic Point Stick, Fine
Pentel EnerGel RTX

Around the office favorites include:

Shannon's favorite: The Zebra Sarasa
Jennie's Favorite: The Pilot Better Ballpoint Retractable, Fine
Sharlene's Favorite: The Uni-ball Jetstream Sport RT



Sharlene claims that the Uni-ball Jetstream is also Todd's favorite. Allegedly he has accused her of stealing his pen when he sees her pen on her desk and it is the Burkett's "red stapler". I will admit to having to look up the "red stapler" reference. It is from the cult classic movie Office Space which I have seen parts of, but perhaps never the whole movie. I remember the part about Jennifer Aniston having to wear flair at TGIFridays, but not so much the red stapler thing. Apparently people in an office continue to abscond with a poor guy's favorite red stapler and this along with other mistreatments lead to him setting the building on fire (I believe I have that correct). Don't worry, I'm positive Sharlene was not threatening to burn down the office or suggesting that Todd would burn it down, just a little office humor ;-).


No comments:

Post a Comment